Strategy Execution: The Key to Competitive Advantage
Enabling Strategy Execution
1 December 2017
SICC Members' Room
The Chamber organised the second of two breakfast sessions with a panel of business leaders to discuss the topic of strategy execution on 1 December.
The panel comprised of:
• Mr. Girija Pande, Executive Chairman, Apex Avalon Consulting Pte Ltd
• Mr. Tommy Leong, Zone President, East Asia & Japan, Schneider Electric South East Asia (HQ) Pte Ltd
• Mr Wong Joo Seng, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Spark Systems Pte Ltd
Their hour-long discussion was moderated by Prof. Richard Smith, Professor of Strategic Management (Practice) at Singapore Management University.
Key learning points that participants took away from this session include:
• Strategy execution and navigating turbulence
• When execution becomes a competitive advantage
• The importance of synergy between company culture and strategy
• The importance of getting a good core team which is in alignment
• Reducing management layers to enhance employee engagement and effective communication of management vision
• Having the right vision at the right time to align the company narrative
• Aligning strategic leadership in a way that enables execution excellence
Many thanks to our panel and moderator for sharing their insights on strategy execution.